WHY SOLAR NOW?
Due to Hawaii's mild tropical climate and trade winds in 2010 we had the... 3rd lowest energy usage per capita in the nation.
Due to Hawaii's mild tropical climate and trade winds in 2010 we had the 3rd lowest energy usage per capita in the nation. The transportation sector leads the state in energy demand due to the commercial and military aviation sector. Additionally, Hawaii imports 94% of its energy and has the highest electricity rates in the nation. Our petroleum based energy plants have the heaviest demands, followed by jet fuel, automobile fuel, coal and other petroleum distillates.
Despite our reliance on imported energy sources Hawaii has some bright spots. We have the world's largest commercial electricity generator that is fueled entirely with agricultural biofuel. The Hawaii State Energy Plan calls for 350 million gallons of biofuels by 2025.
Hawaii's geothermal capacity continues to grow every year. We are one of 8 states with installed geothermal capacity and in 2011 25% of our renewable net electricity generation came from geothermal energy.
And most exciting is Hawaii's huge Solar Photovoltaic capacity increase. In 2011 our PV capacity increased by 150% and continues to grow year after year!
Hawaii energy costs have risen close to 60% in the last decade and will continue to rise as the cost of oil production and extraction become more expensive--but with solar, you no longer have to be at the whims of rising and falling oil prices. Through Net Energy Metering and the Feed-in-Tariff program you can begin to save money on your electricity bill every month. Utilizing federal and state tax credits you can save up to 70% on the purchase of your photovoltaic solar system. Don't wait until next year! Schedule a FREE Energy Analysis Today!
Why Solar Now?
There are a lot of reasons to invest in solar but here are a few more:
- Lower your electricity bill by at least 50% or completely eliminate your electricity bill.
- Lock in your electricity costs and forever avoid rising utility expenses.
- Dramatically reduce your carbon footprint and do your part to curb the growing threat of climate change and rising CO2 levels.
- Coal and nuclear energy uses vast amounts of water; by installing a solar energy system on your home or business, you can conserve over 16,000 gallons of water. Installing solar is plain and simple, good stewardship of our planet's non-renewable resources.
- By utilizing the abundance of Hawaii's sun we are reducing our reliance on imported oil.
- Your home will sell faster. Should you ever decide to sell your home studies have shown homes with solar energy systems can sell up to 15% faster.
- Solar is affordable. State and Federal tax incentives and rebates can potentially reduce the cost of a solar installation by 50%; additionally, there are more and more financing options for Hawaii's home and business owners. Learn More about Financing Solutions For Hawaii Homeowners.